Queens Park Gatehouse - Derelict Manchester:

Derelict Manchester:

A view of the hidden parts around the inner sections around the city centre of Manchester, UK and beyond . How you perceive these derelict sites could be morbid, yet exciting.

Queens Park Gatehouse

Queens Park is located at the junction of Queens Road and Rochdale Road in Harpurhey.


It was one of the first parks in Manchester opened on the same day in 1846 as Phillips Park.  It is part of a green corridor leading out of the city centre along the River Irk.  The land originally belonged to the Houghton Family.  They built Hendham Hall on the site in 1800.  In 1845 the park was designed and laid out by Joshua Major and purchased by Manchester Corporation for £7,200 in 1846.  The segment of the Adshead Map below shows the park in 1851.










<img src="gatehouse1" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />



<img src="gatehouse2" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />





















<img src="inside gatehouse " alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />




<img src="decay inside gatehouse" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />

<img src="windows" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />



<img src="abandoned shed" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />

<img src="park steps" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />
<img src="looming roofs" alt=" https://derelictmanchester.blogspot.com/p/queens-park-gatehouse.html" />

No comments:

Post a Comment